How Do I Get A Mortgage Modification?
Many people in the Miami-Dade area continue to struggle with high mortgage payments, mortgage arrearages, underwater mortgages and the threat of foreclosure. If you are having a problem with mortgage payments, a mortgage modification may provide a solution.
At Marrero, Chamizo, Marcer Law LP in Coral Gables, our lawyers are here to help you obtain a mortgage modification so you can keep your home. Contact us for a free initial consultation to explore your options. We are a bilingual law firm serving homeowners in the Miami-Dade area, Broward County and the Florida Keys.
Helping You Keep Your Florida Home
Helping people avoid foreclosure does more than help the individual homeowner; it helps the entire community by improving the economy and stabilizing the housing market.
The federal government offers various programs that help homeowners avoid foreclosure, including:
- The Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP), which allows you to reduce your mortgage payments to an affordable amount by reducing the interest rate or the amount owed.
- The Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP), which helps you reduce your mortgage if your house is underwater (you owe more than your house is worth).
- The Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives program (HAFA), which allows you to get rid of mortgage debt through a short sale or deed in lieu of foreclosure, plus $10,000 in relocation assistance, if saving your home is not an option.
- The Home Affordable Unemployment Program (UP), which reduces or temporarily stops your mortgage payments if you are unemployed.
- Hardest Hit Fund programs (HHF), which provide assistance to states like Florida that have been most affected by foreclosures.
Additional options may be available as well. Unfortunately, your mortgage company may be reluctant to help you obtain a mortgage modification. It often takes a lawyer’s help to be successful.
Our law firm has negotiated more than 1,000 mortgage modifications for homeowners in South Florida. In the process, we have helped individual clients reduce their mortgage payments by 20 to 80 percent, and saved them thousands on principal reduction and deferments.
If you have already received foreclosure papers, our lawyers can help you defend the foreclosure to give you time to obtain a modification.
For More Information About Getting A Mortgage Loan Modification
Call 305-446-9466 to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys about a mortgage modification. Documents you should bring to our office include your income tax returns, pay stubs, bank statements and information about your mortgage.