Many people with serious debt problems put off filing bankruptcy because they are afraid it will damage their credit report. In reality, if you have more debt than you can pay, bankruptcy can be the first step in improving your credit.
At Marrero, Chamizo, Marcer Law LP in Coral Gables, our lawyers are here to help you explore solutions to debt problems. Those solutions may include bankruptcy, debt negotiation or mortgage modification. We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your financial situation. We are a bilingual law firm serving clients in the Miami-Dade area, Broward County and the Florida Keys.
Why You Should Consider Filing Bankruptcy
For many people, bankruptcy is the fastest and most effective way to solve debt problems. Filing bankruptcy allows you to:
- Eliminate credit card debt, hospital bills, unsecured loans and lines of credit
- Eliminate second mortgages
- Stop garnishments, lawsuits and other attempts to recover debts
- Stop repossession of your car or other property using the bankruptcy automatic stay
- Stop foreclosure of your home to give you time to modify your mortgage using the automatic stay
- Put an immediate stop to calls from creditors
Filing bankruptcy does not have the stigma it once had. Donald Trump, Walt Disney and many other successful people used bankruptcy as a way to get a fresh financial start.
Will I Lose My Property If I File Bankruptcy?
When you file Chapter 7 bankruptcy, the bankruptcy trustee can take certain assets and sell them to pay your creditors. However, many assets are protected by bankruptcy exceptions, including:
- Retirement savings
- Equity in your home
- A car up to a certain value
- Personal belongings up to a certain value
Our attorneys will review your assets and let you know if you are at risk of losing any if you file Chapter 7 bankruptcy. If you are, you may be able to protect those assets by filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
For More Information About Filing Bankruptcy
Don't let your debt problems get worse. Take the first step toward a better future by calling 305-704-8566 to talk to about filing bankruptcy.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.